What is INSANITY: The Asylum?
INSANITY: The Asylum is being called the most difficult home exercise program ever devised.
That’s not an easily proven claim, but this is certainly the most challenging DVD workout ever released by Beachbody and Shaun T. Asylum presents a unique challenge even to seasoned fitness buffs and extreme athletes.
Asylum is a sports-specific training system that focuses on building strength and improving balance, speed, agility, power, and coordination.
The progressive sports drills are inspired by the habits and routines of professional athletes. Shaun T. has said that the original INSANITY workout was just a warm up for what Asylum delivers.
Unlike the original INSANITY (60 day program) or P90X (90 day program), the goal here is to deliver dramatic results and maximize sports performance in just 30 days.
Asylum includes seven instructional DVDs, an Agility Ladder and Speed Rope to improve form and sharpen focus, the Asylum Calendar to track progress, Shaun T’s Eat to Win Nutrition Guide, and ongoing online support.
Does INSANITY: The Asylum live up to the hype?
The 30 day Asylum workout schedule is a varied mixture of cardiovascular routines and intense strength training, designed to build lean muscle and reduce excess fat. But this is a rigorous and demanding program — it won’t magically transform your body, build lean muscle, give you ripped abs and 5% body fat. As with any fitness program, dramatic results are achieved through unusual dedication, focus, consistency and hard work.
The good news? The meticulous structure of the Asylum workout system and the motivation of Shaun T. will provide a clear and comprehensive map to dramatic results in 30 just days — if you’re willing to stay on track and put in the effort.
What’s makes INSANITY: The Asylum different?
Among the most unique and exciting elements of Asylum are the new Hybrid Calendars. The program ships with three different, complete 30 day workout calendars: 1. Asylum, 2. Asylum/Insanity, 3. Asylum/P90X. Although designed as a 30 day program, Asylum lets you continue into month two and three with varied workouts, incorporating programs that you’re already familiar with.
With Asylum you’ll be continually trying something new, avoiding the boring repetition of doing the same workouts day in and day out.
Who should do INSANITY: The Asylum
- Fitness enthusiasts in good to elite physical condition
- Extreme athletes or former athletes looking to regain performance levels
- Graduates of INSANITY, P90X, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme and other advanced Beachbody fitness programs
Those who are fed up with sub-par DVD workout programs that fail to motivate or deliver results
Types of INSANITY: The Asylum Workouts
- Speed & Agility: 45 mins severe aerobic workout
- Vertical Plyo: forty minute decrease-body education routine
- Relief: 25 minute stretch to boom flexibility
- Strength: 50 minute go-training with weights and resistance
- Back to Core: 45 minute core, glutes, and hamstrings exercisingGame Day: 60 minute cross-training workout
- Bonus workout: 25 minute sports performance assessment and measurement tool
- Bonus workout: Overtime: 15 minute addition can be added to any Asylum workout
Training and Support Tools
- Wall Calendars
- 30-day step-by-step Guide Playbook
- Eat to Win Nutrition Guide
- Portable Agility Ladder
- Speed Rope